The Corrections Sub-unit is the advocate for registered dietitians working in the field of corrections by supporting nutrition professionals through current information, trends, regulations, research, tools and networking opportunities.
The DHCC Sub-unit shares professional information among colleagues to advance the impact of nutrition in all types of correctional facilities. Effective communication and exchange of ideas is essential to publicizing the benefits of utilizing the registered dietitian in the correctional environment.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To provide information on the opportunities and challenges of working in the correctional setting
- To provide a networking system of dietitians working in corrections as experiential resources
- To include a correction's focused article in Connections quarterly newsletter
- To encourage inter-DPG networking and collaboration among other specialties relevant to corrections and dietetics
We had a great time Zooming on October 22nd! Watch our event calendar for future meet-ups.
- An article appears in each newsletter with information on issues as they relate to nutrition professionals in the corrections field.
- Career Guidance and Professional Inquiry Service
Our Sub-unit Chair is available as a resource person for your specific corrections related questions and/or concerns.