DHCC IS HERE FOR YOU!
We have numerous FREE valuable resources for members to stay abreast of professional guidelines and not have to recreate forms that are effective. Our members on the Forum EML are always open to sharing what has worked for them.
Watch this short member orientation to see a great member benefits overview and a short tour of the website.
- Comprehensive website with value-added resources for members
- Active Electronic Mailing List (EML) for Questions & Answers
- The Connections Newsletter (published 3 times per year with 1 CPEU article included with each issue)
- E-UPDATE/NEWS TO USE! (Monthly news update, published the first week of every month)
- Coming soon - the updated DHCC Inservice Manual!
- Free CPEUs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Network with colleagues
- Outcome-Based Research Opportunities
- Discounted registration price for DHCC workshops and networking events
- Study Guides
- Training Manuals
Top Ten Reasons to be a DHCC Member
Current members of DHCC, Thank you for your continued support.
If you are not a current member, here are top 10 reasons to join DHCC:
- Liaisons with professional organizations. DHCC appoints members to be liaisons with organizations such as The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Medicine formerly known as American Medical Directors Association (AMDA); the Association of Nutrition and Food Professionals (ANFP); National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC); National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (NPUAP) and Pioneer Network. These individuals represent our profession and provide feedback on current trends and participate as appropriate.
- Volunteer opportunities. Interested in being involved in the organization? Do you enjoy writing articles? Are you working on a research project? Do you have a program or form you would like to share? These are just a few of the ways you can help. Just contact us.
- Publications. DHCC has published and updated many resources over the years and will continue. We encourage members to volunteer!
- Website.Visit https://dhcc.eatrightpro.org/home often. From webinar resources and newsletters to resources and updates, this is the go-to location for members.
- Awards and Scholarships. DHCC proudly recognizes and nominates exceptional members for national awards. Students are supported annually through the Academy Foundation's FNCE® stipend award to attend. DHCC has two scholarships for students that are awarded annually; and the Gaynold Jensen Memorial Continuing Education award administered by the Academy’s Foundation. The Distinguished Member and Emerging Leader Awards are presented annually by DHCC.
- Educational Opportunities for CPEU's. DHCC offers free webinars to members. The events are archived and can be accessed by members at a more convenient time if you are unable to listen to the live event. Workshops held before FNCE® are always full of relevant information provided with nationally recognized speakers. We welcome ideas for new educational sessions and speakers.
- Connections newsletter and our monthly News to Use. Our newsletters remain a top rated member benefit.. Our publications provide members with current information regarding regulations, trends in our industry, and new research. Free CPEU's are offered for feature articles.
- Corrections and Dietetic Technicians Subunits. For our members that are employed in corrections or who are DTRs/NDTRs, there are opportunities to connect and consult with colleagues.
- Electronic Mailing List. Have a problem resident? Have a question regarding dining policies? Need feedback on a recent survey? Submit your question or comment and our members will answer!
And the #1 reason to be a DHCC member?
- NETWORKING! All of these resources result in a myriad of avenues to connect and consult with professionals that share the same challenges and opportunities.