No time to spend reading up on the latest government changes or researching unique patient cases?
DHCC IS HERE FOR YOU!
We have numerous FREE valuable resources for members to stay abreast of professional guidelines and not have to recreate forms that are effective. Our members on the Forum EML are always open to sharing what has worked for them.
- Comprehensive Website with Value-Added Resources for Members
- Active Electronic Mailing List (EML) for Questions & Answers
- The Connections Newsletter (published 3 times per year - 1 CPEU included with each issue)
- E-UPDATE/NEWS TO USE! (Monthly news update, published the first week of every month)
- Check the Online Store for publications to purchase (including the inservice manual)
- Free CPEUs
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Network with Colleagues
- Discounted registration price for DHCC workshops and networking event
- Study Guides
- Training Manuals
- Pocket Guides
- Inservice Modules
Top Ten Reasons to be a DHCC Member
Here are top 10 reasons to join DHCC:
10. Liaisons with other DPGs and Academy MIGs. DHCC stays connected to other dietetic practice and member interest groups. We share and collaborate for many professional development and other opportunities.
9. Volunteer opportunities. Do you enjoy writing articles? Are you working on a research project? Do you have a program or form you would like to share? These are just a few of the ways you can help. Just contact us.
8. Publications. DHCC has published and updated many resources over the years and will continue. See the publication list on the website. Members also volunteer to write and review these publications.
7. Website. Visit www.dhccdpg.org often. As a member you have access to our electronic newsletter, member generated resources, links to relevant websites and access to educational resources.
6. Awards and Scholarships. DHCC proudly recognizes exceptional members and nominates for national awards. Students are supported annually through the Academy's stipend award to attend FNCE®; DHCC also has two scholarships administered by the Foundation for students. The Distinguished Member and Emerging Leader awards are presented annually.
5. Educational Opportunities for CPEU's. DHCC offers free and reduced cost webinars to members. The events are archived and can be accessed by members at a more convenient time if you are unable to listen to the live event. Pre-FNCE® workshops are always full of relevant information provided with nationally recognized speakers.
4. Connections. Our newsletter has evolved and remains a top rated member benefit for our members. Free CPEU's are offered for feature articles for members. The newsletter provides our members with current information regarding regulations, trends in the industry we are employed and new research.
3. Corrections Subunit. For our members that are employed in corrections, there are opportunities to connect and consult with colleagues.
2. Electronic Mailing List. Have a problem resident? Have a question regarding dining policies? Need feedback on a recent survey? Submit your question or comment and our members will answer!
And the number one reason to be a DHCC member?
1. NETWORKING! All of these resources result in a myriad of avenues to connect and consort with professionals that share the same challenges and opportunities that you do.